Ensure smooth, efficient manufacture of customer product by supporting any and all individual value-added processes on the manufacturing floor. Knowledgeable of all manufacturing processes and provides additional capacity to manufacturing processes based upon fluctuations in demand or personnel constraints. Interprets customer order information on printed documents and in MRP system to correctly manufacture individual components or completed finished assemblies.
RJ Global - Production Assistant
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- Flexible value-add resource that can move to different manufacturing areas in response to fluctuations in demand or personnel constraints
- Knowledgeable of the following manufacturing processes: Capillary line assembly, part wash, part etch, diaphragm forming, diaphragm seal assembly, filling, calibration, and packaging.
- Performs leak tests on completed core product and finished assemblies.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Setsup, adjusts, and operates hand and power tools needed for manufacturing.
- Studies sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Interacts with material handlers to resolve issues with orders
- Able to learn new processes quickly based upon current demands of manufacturing department
- Communicate with Sales, Machine Shop, Production, and other departments via e-mail or in person to resolve issues.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and special instructions (SIs).
- Input and track SO kit location and progression in FileMaker. Prepare materials and documentation for shipment to outside vendor services.
- Perform ancillary duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Understanding of basic problem solving methodologies.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Must be able to read Sales Orders, BOM’s and drawings.
- Must have a good knowledge of RJG parts and diaphragm seals.
It is the policy of WIKA Instrument LP to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, genetics, disability or veteran status. WIKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.